Intrepid Travel and Patagonia Present
ADVENTURE FILM FESTIVAL & STREET FAIR - October 7th & 8th
Sat Oct 7 - Sun Oct 8
This event is all ages
Opening Night Afterparty With BEGINNERS
Celebrate opening night of Adventure Film Festival with LA-based Indie Pop band BEGINNERS. Following the final film, BEGINNERS will perform AFF's unforgettable trailer music "Who Knows" and their latest hits.
(Saturday, 10/7 10pm-midnight @ Boulder Theater. FREE CONCERT)
At the Adventure Street Fair (14th Street & Pearl Street Mall), dance to live music, indulge your senses with Avery craft beer and gourmet food pairings at the Intrepid Travel Beer Garden, and enjoy Backcountry Gourmet Cooking Workshops with renowned chef Kieran Creevy. Explore the eclectic vendor village with the Adventure Art Experience, Patagonia Provisions tasting bar, complimentary Klean Kanteen pint cups, Flatirons Subarus, Zeal Optics Airstream pop-up shop, Weston’s tiny house and snowcat, Rainbow Sandals corn hole competition, ShutterBus’ vintage VW photo booth, Sherpa’s food and Tibetan lounge, NativesOutdoors multi-media experience, innovative outdoor gear pioneers, interactive games, and massive giveaways, including a $2,000 trip from Intrepid Travel.
Street Fair Hours: Sat. 10/7 2-7pm; Sun.10/8 noon-7pm.
The weekend festivities also include:
• AFF Kick-Off at the Great Avery Boulder FLOCKTOBERFEST with live music, film previews, beer garden and street tacos. (Fri 10/6; 5-9pm @ 14th St./Spruce St.)
• Opening Night Afterparty with LA-based Indie Pop band BEGINNERS after last film in Boulder Theater (Sat. 10/7; 10pm)
• Family & Kid’s Show with Boulder’s beloved Jeff & Paige, special guest appearances, live performances, and mega raffle prizes (Sun. 10/8; 11- 1pm @ Boulder Theater)
• Adventure Film School’s two-day interactive photography and filmmaking workshop with industry leaders and world-class adventurers (10/7-8 @ YWCA)
• Yoga & Mimosas with surf legend Gerry Lopez and pro climber Olivia Hsu (Sun 10/8; Gerry: 10-11am & Olivia:11-12pm @14th St./Pearl Mall)
• Walk & Draw with artist, storyteller, activist and adventurer Jeremy Collins (Sun 10/8; 9-10:30am @ A-Lodge)
• Outdoor Afro Hike: Black History with writer, speaker and OA Colorado Leader Kriste Peoples (Sun 10/8; 9-10:30am @ A-Lodge)
Adventure Film’s compelling line-up is handpicked by a dedicated, Boulder-based selection committee from hundreds of entries submitted from over 30 countries. With the support of filmmakers, sponsors, non-profits, partners, volunteers—all adventurers — Adventure Film Festival will feature the 2017 award winners on a World Tour traveling from Boulder to Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, Seattle, DC, Chile, India, Nepal, Israel, and several major cities in between.
ABOUT ADVENTURE FILM
The Adventure Film Festival was created in 2004 by the legendary climber, photographer and storyteller Jonny Copp (1974-2009). It all started as a dream in the heart of the Himalayas. In a tent during a storm, on a handful of scratch paper, Jonny sketched out his vision of a community-based, mission-oriented, outdoor adventure festival that tied indie film with art and activism. Jonny believed in the power of storytelling, especially through the narrative of adventure, with the goal to awaken change and encourage others to challenge and improve the world we live in. With the help of friends, family and industry professionals, this gritty "down home" event is now an internationally recognized arena for the most inspiring adventure and environmental films of the year.
“We believe in the power of the story, especially the narrative of adventure and awakening, to change and challenge the world we live in. We hope you will join us in celebrating the fantastic and, even more importantly, true stories of people and passion.”
~ Jonny Copp (1974-2009), Founder – Adventure Film Festival
Tickets are available at the Boulder Theater. For more information, visit: adventurefilm.org
2032 14th Street
Boulder, CO, 80302