PARTIES, CELEBRATIONS AND EVENTS
The Historic Boulder Theater is an elegant art deco venue located just steps from the Pearl Street Mall in downtown Boulder. Allowing for many different types of configurations, we are scalable to be comfortable for parties of 120 up to 800 people. The Boulder Theater offers state-of-the-art concert sound and lighting systems, an experienced event staff and a large full service bar with local brews exclusively on tap. Public transportation is conveniently close by and several hotels are within an easy walk. Click here to view room diagrams and venue specifications.
MEETINGS AND CONFERENCES
If your organization is looking for something new and different for your meeting or conference, come to the Boulder Theater! We have a large tiered auditorium and balcony which seats 850 for larger groups, or the main room can be scaled for classroom style seating, breakout sessions, table seating, expos, or any other configuration you desire. Click here to view room diagrams and venue specifications.
ROOM AND TECHNICAL DETAILS
The room capacity for ticketed events is dependent on the configuration that you choose for your event.
SELLABLE CAPACITY 1000 fully standing or 850 fully seated
VENUE RENTAL INCLUDES
– Use of house sound/lighting systems and basic box office, security, usher, bar, production package (4 person crew – FOH, Monitors, Lighting Director and Stage Manager), event manager. Any additional personnel and security expenses are the sole responsibility of the renter. Stagehands are $60 per person per load for a 4-hour max call.
– Advance of the technical needs for your live entertainment.
– Personalized Marquee on event day
– Facility-owned tables and chairs
– Private dressing rooms with bathrooms and showers
– Outside caterers who are licensed and insured are welcome
Venue rental is for a 10-hour time period agreed upon in advance. Any overage will be billed at $250 per hour, plus expenses.
For ticketed events, use of the Boulder Theater ticketing system is required. All ticketed events are subject to a $2.50 per ticket sold facility fee (included in ticket price) in addition to applicable box office service charges. 5% Boulder Admission Tax (Included in ticket price). Non-profit events are not subject to Boulder Admission Tax, however venue settlement MUST be with non-profit organization and 501c3 documentation is required. Otherwise, tax will be collected and paid by Venue.
Client is responsible for payment of all music license fees (ASCAP/BMI/SESAC), or Theater will retain at settlement 2% of gross box office receipts for payment.
– 3-phase power, if needed: $100.00
– Reserved staff/artist parking, if needed @ $20 per spot.
– Towels, if needed – $1 apiece for hand towels, $1.50 for shower towels
– All artist fees, backline, catering, transportation, lodging, flights, and any other expenses from artist contract (s) and rider (s) are sole responsibility of the renter, including but not limited to projector, screens, barricades, and wireless microphones.
– Hospitality Coordinator/Shopper, if needed, can be provided for $75 + cost of groceries
– Runner, if needed, billed at $150 per runner, with normal car. If a van is needed, client is responsible for the rental car fee + runner.
– Projector rental expense is client’s responsibility. Venue is able to facilitate rental, if necessary. Note: HD Projectors normally start at $500.00. Use of full size movie screen included.
Boulder Theater will provide some marketing for ticketed events – additional marketing services are available for purchase.
Venue receives 20% soft ; 0% hard after 8.845% sales tax. A merch seller can be provided for $75 versus 5% of gross merchandise sales.
GET IN TOUCH
We’re looking forward to hearing from you, please share your event information with us and we’ll reach out shortly.